Dungeon Master Quickmenu
Guidelines » Resolving Tasks
Tasks & Skills » Strength » Dexterity » Constitution » Intelligence » Wisdom » Charisma
Checks & Interaction » Miscellanous Rules » Encounters » Rewards
Dexterity represents a creature's hand-eye coordination, agility, reflexes, and balance. Use a Dexterity check for tasks that require physical finesse or agility.
Easy Tasks (DC 10)
- Walk across an icy surface
- Perform simple feats of sleight of hand
Moderate Tasks (DC 13)
- Walk on a narrow ledge
- Pick a simple lock
- Swing from a chandelier
- Impress onlookers with an acrobatic performance
Hard Tasks (DC 16)
- Cross a wildly swaying rope bridge
- Wriggle free of rope bonds
- Pick a typical lock
- Pick someone's pocket
Very Hard Tasks (DC 19)
- Walk across a tightrope
- Slip out of manacles
- Pick an elaborate lock
- Somersault over a creature of the same size
- Slide down a staircase while standing on a shield
Formidable Tasks (DC 22)
- Pick a dwarven lock
- Wriggle free of a grab (against Strength)
- Palm an object while under close observation (against Wisdom)
- Hide in an obscured area (against Wisdom)
Hazards: Balancing on a narrow surface and other acrobatic feats present the very real danger of falling. When attempting to disarm a trap, a bungled check often causes the trap to trigger. A hazard while picking someone's pocket is that the target notices the attempt.
Requirements: Picking locks typically requires thieves' tools. Some acrobatic feats might require a certain amount of movement, or require the character to be wearing light or no armor.
Skills: Characters might use Open Locks, Sleight of Hand, or Stealth in place of certain Dexterity checks.